Friday, June 23, 2006

The Magnificent One.


For I am the First and the Last,
I am the Venerated and the Despised,
I am the Prostitute and the Saint,
I am the Wife and the Virgin,
I am the Mother and the Daughter,
I am the arms of my Mother,
I am Barren and my Children are amny,
I am the Married Woman and I am the Spinster,
I am the woman who gives birth and
She who never procreated,
I am the Consolation for the Pain of birth,
I am the Wife and the Husband,
And it was my Man who created Me,
I am the Mother of my Father,
I am the Sister of my Husband,
And He is my Rejected Son,
Always Respect Me,
For I am the Shameful and,
The Magnificent One.

Hymn to Isis, 3rd or 4th Century B.C, Discovered in Nag Hammadi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi darling..
that was beautiful! more so because it is an ode, an acknowledgment of the essence of the Isis in every woman..gnostics, its readers/believers gee!! they gotta be the ones to change the face of the biggest meme in d world.. beautiful words!!

Anonymous said...

quite thoughtful..

and best part it connoted different things to different people...
so useful for everyone!